An NSF-wide Program Specialist vacancy announcement was posted on USAJobs on March 24, 2023 (https://www.usajobs.gov/job/715082400). IOS and other Divisions in BIO will be interviewing candidates from this announcement. The role of the various administrative staff within IOS has been previously posted on HERE.
Program Specialists working in IOS are essential to the grant review and management process. Their role includes:
- Reviewing proposals to determine basic eligibility.
- Coordinating logistical support for panel review meetings and assisting in providing materials needed for site visits, outreach activities, and workshops.
- Gathering data and conducting moderately complex qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Providing system support for basic proposal processing systems and applications, including responding to questions from the scientific community.
- Creating, monitoring, and reconciling budget spreadsheets for Program Directors.
Program Specialists also play a key role in monitoring program effectiveness by providing comprehensive analytical support in the areas of proposal processing, logistics, data management and analysis and by providing input for continuous improvement to overall coordination.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking for a government position at NSF, whose mission promotes the progress of science by investing in research to expand knowledge in science, engineering and education.
Please share with those who you think might be interested!