It’s a new year and there are some changes in the IOS Staff that we wanted to update you about.
We have recently welcomed two new Staff!
- Julie Kellner has joined as the Science Advisor and will be coordinating scientific activities and outreach across IOS.
- Miriam Ashley-Ross, from Wake Forest University, has recently started as a rotating Program Director in the Physiological Mechanisms and Biomechanics Program (PMB).
We have also said goodbye to some program directors.
- Evan Balaban, a Program Director in the Neural System cluster, has left NSF for a position at the Universidad Carlos III Madrid (UC3M).
- Steve Klein has retired from NSF where he served as a Program Director in the Developmental Systems Cluster.
- Sean Place completed a rotation as a Program Director in the Integrative Ecological Physiology (IEP) Program and has returned to his home institution of Sonoma State University.
As a reminder, you can always find introductions to our IOS Staff HERE.
And finally, don’t forget that you can potentially join NSF too as a rotating Program Director! If this is something that interests you, more information is available HERE or you can contact any current Program Director.