The slides are available here.
The Division of Integrative Organismal Systems (IOS) held a Virtual Office Hour on August 18, 2022, providing information about:
- “Building Synthetic Microbial Communities for Biology, Mitigating Climate Change, Sustainability, and Biotechnology (Synthetic Communities)” solicitation
- Technology, Innovation and Partnerships/Translational Impacts (TIP) Directorate
Program Directors presented some information about the new solicitation NSF 22-607 “Synthetic Communities”:
- The due date is October 3, 2022
- The solicitation calls for research proposals that focus on synthetic microbial communities, using these communities:
- to understand microbiome formation, maintenance or evolution; or,
- to understand basic biological processes; or,
- for biotechnology or environmental engineering application.
- Contact a cognizant Program Officer with questions about the fit of your work for this solicitation.
Program Director Henry Ahn presented some information on the new TIP Directorate:
- The purpose of TIP is to support and enhance use-inspired and translational research across all NSF Directorates.
- TIP Programs for PIs include SIBR/STTR, I-Corps, PFI, and POSE, and each program has a different purpose and budget associated with it.
- Contact Dr. Ahn at email@example.com for more information about these programs.
Please join us on September 15, 2022 for our next IOS Virtual Office Hour when we will focus on the Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Biology (PRFB) program within the Directorate for Biological Sciences. Program Directors from the IOS and DBI Divisions will be present to provide advice and answer any questions you may have about this funding opportunity. Don’t miss this one!