Full Proposal Deadline: December 6, 2021
Opportunities to Learn More: IOS Virtual Office Hours – Sept. 16, 2021
The new Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Biology (PRFB) solicitation is hot off the presses!
These fellowships encourage independence at an early stage in a research career by enabling Fellows to pursue their research and training goals in the most appropriate research locations and in collaboration with sponsoring scientists. It is expected that the sponsoring scientists will actively mentor the Fellows and will greatly benefit from collaborating with and incorporating them into their research groups.
Topic areas under this solicitation continue to be:
- Broadening Participation of Groups Underrepresented in Biology,
- Integrative Research Investigating the Rules of Life Governing Interactions Between Genomes, Environment and Phenotypes; and,
- Plant Genome Postdoctoral Research Fellowships.
Key changes that are reflected in this update include:
- changes to eligibility such that applicants are not eligible for this fellowship if they have worked in any position that requires the doctoral degree for a combined total of more than 15 full time months prior to the deadline; and,
- the Applicant’s doctoral advisor is no longer required to provide a letter of support in the application.
See the PRFB Program page for more information.