We are pleased to announce that NSF has launched the Research.gov proposal preparation demonstration site. The new demo site provides an opportunity for Principal Investigators (PI) to create Research.gov proposals prior to submitting proposals for review in the Proposal Submission System. Research.gov demo site features:
- Initiating Research proposals (other proposal types will be added to the demo site as they are enabled in the actual system):
- Single submissions from one organization
- Collaborative proposals with subawards
- Separately submitted collaborative proposals from multiple organizations
- Adding Co-PIs, Senior Personnel, and Other Authorized Users (OAUs)
- Uploading required and optional proposal documents
- Creating budgets
- Checking proposal compliance
- Adding subawards
- Linking collaborative proposals
- Enabling Sponsored Project Officer (SPO)/Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) access
All research community users must sign in to Research.gov to access the demo site.
Retirement of FastLane Demo Site
The FastLane demo site has been retired; however, we encourage the research community to familiarize themselves with Research.gov by using the proposal preparation demo site. In accordance with Important Notice No. 147: Research.gov Implementation Update, NSF is taking proactive steps to incrementally move the preparation and submission of all proposals from FastLane to Research.gov.