|**For applicants interested in pursuing a Graduate Research Fellowship the Program Directors of the Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) will be hosting a series of webinars to provide information and answer questions. Please see the schedule below for dates, times, and registration information. Remember, applications for the Life Sciences (e.g., Biology) is October 21st, 2019.**
Dear GRFP Applicants,
Thank you for your interest in the GRFP application process. You may register now to attend a virtual GRFP Applicant Webinar by clicking one of the webinar registration links in the table below.
These webinar sessions provide an overview of the GRFP Program and application process and are conducted via Zoom videoconferencing. It is critical to participate in one of these sessions whether you are a new or returning applicant.
Each webinar is limited to 500 participants, so please register as soon as possible for the earliest session that fits your schedule to ensure space in the webinar. Before participating in a webinar, please join a test meeting at: http://zoom.us/test to familiarize yourselves with Zoom and confirm your computer, network, video, and audio will work properly by following the brief instructions in the test meeting. This technology testing takes less than 5 minutes. More information on how to join a test meeting is at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-Test-Meeting. The webinar dates and technical requirements are listed below.
Additional applicant resource information will be available at the nsfgrfp.org site (https://nsfgrfp.org/) soon and you will be informed when they are available.
|Step 1: Register for the GRFP Applicant Webinar Session
1. Choose a session from the Meeting Schedule above.
2. Click the webinar registration link.
3. Enter your name, email address, city, state/province, and organization/institution.
4. Click the button marked Register.
5. You will be sent to the Webinar Registration Approved page.
| Step 2: Receive Confirmation Email
1. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with the subject heading title of the webinar you selected. This email will include:
a. Add to calendar link.
b. Zoom Session Password for joining the session on the scheduled date.
c. Join Session URL (located under the text: Please click this URL to join)
d. Audio Conference Information (under the text: Telephone)
e. See table above for link to real-time captioning during webinars.
|Step 3: Join a Test Meeting for Advance Testing
1. Go to: http://zoom.us/test
2. Click Join
3. Click Join without video
4. Click Yes if you hear the ringtone. If change the speaker selection onscreen.
5. Speak a few words, pause and click yes to confirm you hear a replay.
6. Next, click join with computer audio to test your computer speakers and mic before connecting with computer audio.
7. Or click phone call to dial-in via telephone and enter the meeting ID number followed by # symbol and the participant ID number followed by # symbol.
8. Testing should take less than 5 minutes. After verifying your video and audio connection, you can disconnect from the session to conclude your test.
9. Visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux for Zoom System requirements.
|Step 4: Join the Webinar Session
1. At least 15 minutes before your webinar is scheduled to start, click the webinar join link in the webinar registration confirmation email.
2. Download and run the Zoom media play or click join from your browser to join the meeting and follow the prompts to select your audio choice and connect.
Step 5: View Real-time Event Captions
1. On a separate browser page, go to the appropriate URL to view real-time captions for your selected webinar session (see table above for event caption links).
2. Enter your Name and Company to identify yourself.
3. Click Submit.
For Technical Assistance
1. For help connecting to Zoom, Non-NSF participants, contact Zoom technical support for help at USA/Canada: Toll-free: 1-888-799-9666 ext. 2 or Toll-650-397-6096 ext. 2. NSF staff contact IT Help Central at 703-292-4357 or email@example.com.
2. To join a test meeting, go to http://zoom.us/test.
3. For questions about the GRFP Application process or applicant resource materials, call the GRF Operations Center at 1-866-673-4737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|To access GRFP 2020 applicant resource information visit the GRFP website https://www.nsfgrfp.org/.
For technical support during any Zoom event, contact Zoom technical support at USA/Canada: Toll-free: 1-888-799-9666 ext. 2 or Toll-650-397-6096 ext. 2.
For help at all other times, call the GRF Operations Center at 1-866-673-4737 or email email@example.com.